Dr. James Cullison

Dr. James Cullison is a Board Certified Urologist practicing at West Georgia Urology. He graduated from Washington University with a bachelor of Arts degree and completed medical school at the University of Missouri, Columbia. He then completed a Urology Surgical Subspecialty residency at the Medical College of Georgia.
He came to the West Georgia area in 2004 and brought with him many new treatment options and surgeries. Some of the new surgeries brought to the area include prostate photovaporization, bladder neuromodulation (Interstim), Laparoscopic total and partial nephrectomies, Cryoablation of Kidney tumors, and Urethral bulking injections. He also initiated the large volume of mesh urethral slings at all three of Tanner’s Hospitals.

Female Pelvic Medicine & Reconstructive Surgery

Female Pelvic Medicine & Reconstructive Surgery (Urogynecology) physicians treat women with urinary incontinence (loss of bladder control) and pelvic organ prolapsed in women of all ages. Dr. Cullison is board certified in Female Pelvic Medicine and Reconstructive Surgery and has specialized training in female pelvic medicine and reconstruction.
A sub-specialist in Female Pelvic Medicine and Reconstructive Surgery is a physician in Urology or Obstetrics and Gynecology who, by virtue of education and training, is prepared to provide consultation and comprehensive management of women with complex benign pelvic conditions, lower urinary tract disorders, and pelvic floor dysfunction. Comprehensive management includes those diagnostic and therapeutic procedures necessary for the total care of the patient with these conditions and complications resulting from them. Typical female pelvic health issues managed by such a subspecialty include Urinary Frequency, Urinary Urgency, Urinary Tract Infections, Pelvic pain, Prolapse, Urinary incontinence, Urinary retention, Interstitial cystitis, Cystocele and Fecal Incontinence.

When Should you See a Female pelvic medicine and reconstructive surgeon?

Although your primary care physician, OB/GYN, may have knowledge about these problems, Urologist can offer additional expertise. You should see (or be referred to) Urologist when you have problems of prolapse, and/or troublesome urinary or fecal incontinence or when your primary doctor recommends consultation. Other problems for which you or your doctor might think about consulting aurogynecologist include: problems with emptying the bladder or rectum, pelvic pain or bladder pain, fistulas, and the need for special expertise in vaginal surgery.
Dr. Cullison sees patients in Carrollton and Villa Rica offices. He has scheduled Operating Room time at Higgins General Hospital, Tanner Medical Center/Villa Rica, and Tanner Medical Center/Carrollton.