At West Georgia Urology we utilize Doctors first ePrescribe.
What is ePrescribe?
ePrescribe refers to the use of a secure computer network so that providers, pharmacies, pharmacy benefit managers and health plans can share patient prescription information.
As a decision-support tool, ePrescribe lets providers access an individual patient’s medication history, see the particulars of the patient’s prescription insurance coverage, and review details about the medication of choice – all in order to make more informed choices about patient care. When BCBSNC uses the term ePrescribe, it encompasses the ability to perform all of the following:
Access a patient’s medication history
- See the individual patient’s active and past prescriptions, detailing indication, dosage and frequency, including medications prescribed by other physicians
- See patient allergy information and drug-reaction history
See details of the patient’s prescription insurance coverage
- See the patient’s insurance plan formulary, including tiered medications
- Know which medications will be covered and at what cost to the patient
- See any preauthorization requirements and, in some applications, complete the process
Choose a medication appropriate for the individual patient
- View warnings, alerts or cautions related to the specific medication and/or the patient’s medication history
- View multiple medication options to avoid potential cross-drug or other harmful reactions
- See indication, dosage and administration information
Generate a prescription for the patient
- Send the prescription electronically, directly from the point of care
- Communicate directly with the pharmacy’s ePrescribe computer application
- Eliminate paper, phone and fax from the process
Automate refill authorizations
- Receive refill authorizations directly from the pharmacy to your computer or handheld device
- See refill requests at once via the refill queue in your ePrescribe application
- Approve or deny refills in seconds with just a few mouse clicks
How do I refill a prescription?
To request a refill on a prescription from West Georgia Urology, please contact your local pharmacist.